Sunday, June 15, 2008

One year ago today...

I was in Pittsburgh at the US Open doing work for Lexus. Early Sunday morning I got a call from Mindy. Given the hour, I was a little worried. After I found out that everyone (including Bay) was a-okay, Mindy told me that she'd just taken a pregnancy test and it had come out positive.

Mindy was too tired to realize it was Father's Day. Once we both wrapped our heads around how utterly wonderful the timing was, I headed off to Oakmont. Father's Day at the Open is a very special tradition and I spent an incredible day walking the course, completely overwhelmed with our awesome secret. Even though the news was early, I couldn't resist buying a little something in the souvenir tent.

Today, one incredible year later, my beloved Eleanor and I celebrated her four-month birthday, and the best Father's Day I can imagine, watching an absolutely amazing US Open on TV. And even though it isn't the best color for a beautiful little lady, I think Ellie looked pretty great in her memento from last year's tournament.



I wonder if it will still fit her next year...

Happy Father's Day to all you dads (and soon-to-be dads).

Oh, and go Tiger!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Ellie is pretty lucky to have such a nice dad!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww...what a sweet story! I'm sure Ellie will love hearing it when she's older and perusing these pictures!!